The Ashtabula County Board of Developmental Disabilities’ Service and Support Administrators, or SSAs, coordinate and connect eligible individuals with developmental disabilities to the supports they need to help them achieve their goals. SSAs assist individuals to coordinate services among different agencies. SSAs also work with families, guardians and natural supports to provide whatever services an individual may need. All services provided are person centered and assist individuals to imagine the life they want to live, believe they can create it and achieve their dreams as participating members in their community.
Service and Support Administrators (SSAs) are the primary point of coordination, which includes:
- Working with individuals and their families to administer assessments and collect documentation to determine eligibility for services.
- Coordinate assessments to find out what is important to individuals and what is working and not working in their life
- Develop a Person Centered Plan that outlines what is important to/for individuals
- Assist individuals in selecting a provider of their choice
- Connects individuals to community resources they need to be successful
- Provide ongoing Person Centered Plan coordination and monitoring to ensure services are delivered as outlined in the plan developed by the individual and their team.
For more information, contact the Community Support Services Department at (440) 466-7110