Website banner image.jpg

Service Funding

Funding can be overwhelming, but we are here to help! We will listen to your unique challenges and connect you to the resources to achieve your goals. We understand the complexities of the funding equation and will help break it down for you based on your unique circumstance.

Call us today at 440-335-1548.

How is the Ashtabula County Board of Developmental Disabilities funded? 

In Ashtabula County, our community generously supports funding of services and supports for adults and children with disabilities through a tax levy. The tax levy generates funds that the Ashtabula County Board of  DD uses to pay for services along with a variety of other funding streams. The availability of those funding streams, such as Medicaid State Plan and Medicaid Waivers, may be different depending on individual circumstances, and our service coordinators will help you identify what resources may be available to you. We are here to help you every step of the way through your lifetime of support with us. We'll listen to your needs, guide you through your options, and connect you to supports to fulfill your life vision. Below, you will find a general description of how services are funded. However, we know each family's circumstances are unique and our services and supports are individualized based on those needs. Step one is always to become eligible for services.

Medicaid

Many services are funded through Medicaid. Waiver programs, which fund most residential services, give a great deal of flexibility to individuals to choose his or her residence and provider. A waiver is a way that Medicaid can pay for services to keep you in your home, or in a home in the community, so you do not have to move to a long-term care facility or nursing home. When Medicaid Waiver funding is available, the Ashtabula County Board of DD pays for the non-federal match, or approximately 40% of the cost of service and the other 60% is paid for by federal funds. Services are provided only to those individuals who have been determined to be eligible; and eligibility for Medicaid services and the Ashtabula County Board of DD services may be different. While the Ashtabula County Board of DD determines eligibility for county board services, the Ashtabula County Department of Job and Family Services (ACJFS) administers and determines eligibility for Ohio's Medicaid program. Our staff will help you work with ACJFS to determine eligibility, and to ensure that Medicaid will pay for the cost of medically necessary services.

 

Funding for birth- Age 3 Years Old

 

Ashtabula County Board of DD and Ohio Early Intervention work together to complete assessments and evaluations of children who are referred with a suspected delay or disability. When the Ashtabula County Board of DD is selected as the early intervention service provider, our staff will visit you in your home and use a coaching model to help parents address their individual child's needs, at no cost to your family.

Funding for School-Age Programs

 

Each local school district is responsible for providing a free, appropriate public education to children with disabilities from the age of 3 through the 21st year who are residents of the school district. This includes providing, at no cost, related services which are necessary for a child to benefit from his or her instructional program. Related services can include such things as psychological or counseling services, nursing services and intervention plans. Ashtabula County Board of DD SSA's are here to help assist you with your local school district.

Where Do I Go For Help?

 

Funding can be overwhelming, and we are here to help. We will listen to your unique challenges and connect you to the resources to achieve your goals. We understand the complexities of the funding equation and will help break it down for you based on your unique circumstance.

Call us today at 440-335-1548.